Capezio 1137W Développé Pointe Shoe with #5.5 Shank and Moderate Toe Box
Pro Tip: When attaching Bunheads® ribbons and elastics to pointe shoes that have rose colored lining, a medium needle with a small eye works best. Suggested Fitting: For first time pointe shoe shoppers, we recommend a professional fitting at your nearest Capezio retail store.
- Moderate, slightly tapered, reinforced inner toe box
- Moderate-high vamp
- Round shaped throat
- Elasticized binding with elastic drawstring
- Plush, anti-slip microfiber lining prevents excess sweating and blisters caused by friction
- Moderate side and heel measurements
- Standard side seam
- Feathered full wings for lateral support
- Moderate-high hand-flattened crown
- Moderate, slightly slanted platform encourages the dancer to go over the box
- Reduced sole length eliminates excess at the heel
- 1137W: Half-skived (1/2 Shank) #5.5 leather board shank
- Skived ball of the foot encourages smooth roll through and articulation
- Traditional stitched pleating with quiet toe construction
- Best Fit: Medium to wide forefoot with tapered toes
- Begin 1/2 size up from street shoe size
- Elastic and ribbons sold separately
Remember to purchase elastic (item ELASTIC) and ribbons (item RIBBON), sold separately.
Note: Pointe shoes should only be worn with proper training. They can cause injury, if worn improperly.
If you are shopping for a first pair of point shoes, it is recommended that the shoes be fitted by a professional to ensure proper fit.